23 Jan Position Open: Director of Development
Job Title: Director of Development
Job Title: Director of Development
About the Organization: The Coral Gables Community Foundation inspires impactful philanthropy through charitable funds and programs using local knowledge, expertise and trusted relationships. Celebrating 33 years, the Community Foundation stands at the forefront of Coral Gables’ evolving needs by effectively bringing together beneficiaries and benefactors to fund programs with the greatest impact and benefit to The City Beautiful.
Position Description: Reporting to the President & CEO, the Director of Development is responsible for individual and corporate donor cultivation, donor stewardship, and event fundraising. The Director of Development will possess a sense of ownership and responsibility for the Community Foundation’s unrestricted fundraising goals positioning the organization for considerable growth.
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience that includes event fundraising, corporate giving, and individual donor/giving society cultivation.
- Personal presence and poise required to understand, and meaningfully engage donors, board members and team members to instill confidence and trust
- Excellent organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively among a small, hard-working staff in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of fundraising software/donor databases
- Ability to build, maintain and manage a portfolio of qualified prospects and donors to generate significant support for the Coral Gables Community Foundation through event and unrestricting fundraising.
- Lead all unrestricted fundraising including donor societies and event fundraising including but not limited to the Gala, Tour of Kitchens, Wine Auction, Merrick Society donor receptions and others. This responsibility will be supported through an Events Coordinator to execute and manage event logistics.
- Cultivate donors from beginning of relationship to closing of fundraising gifts while delivering exceptional service to donors
- Maintain accurate records of donor outreach and solicitation plans through regular upkeep of donor database
- Support the implementation of strategic goals in terms of unrestricted fundraising
- Manage the Community Foundation’s Professional Advisors Council – Work collaboratively with professional advisors, (attorneys, wealth advisors, accountants, trust officers, etc.) to cultivate and expand current investment through funds and planned gift donors.
- Secure one-on-one in-person donor meetings and solicitations to establish new and strengthen existing donor relationships
- Solicit and secure gifts at the major gift level, including multi-year gifts. This will include identification, cultivation, and stewardship of high-net-worth individuals, with a heavy focus on prospecting for new donors.
- Use innovative strategies and creative ideas to identify and cultivate new prospects
- Develop strategies to leverage the Community Foundation’s current programs, activities and events to promote greater donor/sponsor participation
- Provide exceptional customer service to donors, Board Members and community stakeholders at all times.
- Use the Community Foundation’s CRM to organize, maintain and track current and prospective donors and accurately report all fundraising income (working with the Finance Department)
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to:
- Align development-related communications with the organizational brand and provide ongoing evaluation of key messaging as it relates to development
- Collaborate on effective strategies for direct mail, online giving and initiatives for donor cultivation
- Develop information and materials appropriate for prospective and current fund holders and donors.
Grow Event & Unrestricted Revenue
- Meet Event & Unrestricted Fundraising Goals as set by the CEO and Board leadership
- Work closely with the Professional Advisor Community to secure referrals that lead to new gifts at the Community Foundation.
The successful candidate will have:
- Success in securing gifts, event and corporate sponsorships, as well as achieving measurable fundraising goals
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years in non-profit fundraising work
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in oral and written forms
- Highly organized, flexible, collaborative, motivated and a fast learner
- Familiarity with the local philanthropic community
- Keen proficiency across all Microsoft Office and Google applications
This is a full-time, in-office position located in Coral Gables. The candidate must be able to work flexible hours as needed for event days/mornings/evenings from time to time.
How to Apply